Friday 18 January 2008

5. Do you feel five dancing with a stranger ;-) ?



Anh Hung, my very good Tango friend emailed me once with few comments on his impressions/feelings when dancing with me at the Milonga in the last days of December 2007. He actually generalized it into a very interesting "assesment scale" :-) Note that my friend is a very "picky" on the milongas since he can sit and watch the whole evening just to find one woman for the dance!

Well, I'm particularly interested in this issue cause dancing with a total stranger/s where ever you are is such an exciting part of the game named TANGO!

When I dance with a someone I have never danced before, generally they fall into these categorgies:

1) She is impossible for me to lead. She pull me hard on every step. She has no sensitivity to my lead, She interfere with rhythm. It is so painful and embarrassing for both of us. I had to stop after one tango. This is as bad as it get. I will get her name so I will remember not to ask her to dance again :-)

2) Well, she is not great but she does not pull on me. She hold her axis ok. Her connection is ok. Her skill is limited but I can walk with her well to the music and take her to the cross and lead ocho. Basicly I can dance with her and make it look like I am dancing well. Depends on other factors I may dance with her again :-)

3) Well she dances suprisingly well for such a short time. She does not have any serious problems like follower in 1). There are just small disconfort because she still getting used to my leading. I will dance with her again

4) Hey I am glad I asked her to dance. Not a bad follower. Nice connection, not bad balance. Does not interfere with energy. In general a good experience. I have no problem dancing with her again

5) Wow! Where has she been hiding? I've been looking for a follower like this. What connection and lightness! Great sensitivity to my lead! Nice sense rhythm! I can do anything with her. I am having a wonder time dancing with her. The only thing that keep me from asking her to dance again and again is that this would be consider inappropriate at a formal milonga. You should not dance no more than 2 tandas with someone you just met, shouldn't you

* I have to confess that Ta.Tango family got No 6 cause we felt instant emotional and tango connection from the very first dance!

No comments:

  Get ready to groove at the SAIGON TANGO MEETING on December 1-3, 2023 – the Utmost Cozy and Friendly Tango Experience! in Ho Chi Minh Ci...