Friday 18 January 2008

4. Linda and Jim - the ones showed me "It takes two to Tango"



Have you ever seen a couple having a Tango name card? Me - first time! Holding this card I though "It takes two to Tango - and it takes two to make a Tango name card too" :-)

However, I could witness their love to each other from the very first night of Milonga with Tango Hanoi at Le Club. From the emails (prior to their arrival) I knew that they dance in Milonguero style - a signature one for Tangueros in Argentine and the style that I ADORE (surely because I found it so intimate!). I was very much long for their arrival since they are the first Tango couple visiting Vietnam. We could see smooth yet elegant dance of Ms Andrea Pham, but at the end of the day, IT takes TWO to Tango, right ;-)

The Tango dancers have "terrible habbit" of contact local tangueros anytime they arrive to a place. So did Linda & Jim. I just give them Le Club's address and at exactly 7.30pm they are already in the Milonga - sitting and watching first! Well, my first impression about Jim was... wow he's a Tanguero, big in size and light in walking! Linda was everry woman - very simple but elegant, her platinum hair defines clearly the black dress she wore!

It wa the first Tango of two lovers that I eye-witnessed - They danced for each other, knowing only each other, concentrating on each other's moves, giving each other opportunities to express the musicality (for Jim) and to make subtle adornments (for Linda). It was so obvious that they know each other for whole of their life and they will still be dancing for next decades!

Jim's musicality suprised me as he didn't dance "on the melody" as I've taugh. It was simply on the beat - sure, cause he dances in Milonguero style, and in the way he feels it - just simple like that! Besides, his way to lead Linda to the cross was really amaxing and one of the kind. I though I saw such a cross in Gavito's DVDs. hmm

Linda pleased me so much with lightness when she waks, feet compactly and elegantly collected together, and most of all her little and subtle adornments. In my point of view, Ocho Cortado is where she expressed her best ability to adorn.

I was so busy watching them dancing and forgot to dance myself until Jim invited me for a dance! Here is when I feel a firm hold, light and clear lead and feeling grounded of Jim. I saw so many more things in Tango that I didn't see before, nor on the clips or someone's expression (written or oral).

A cup of coffee with Linda and Jim also reveals me so many new things about tangueros' personalities and habbits, about their first Tango teachers (Tete - wow my idol! :-) ) ...

But most of all, looking at their dance and attidtude toward each other, I'd firmly decided to say yes to Tony Ta's proposal and would happily to make Ta.Tango family last until the last days of ours!


No comments:

  Get ready to groove at the SAIGON TANGO MEETING on December 1-3, 2023 – the Utmost Cozy and Friendly Tango Experience! in Ho Chi Minh Ci...